Thursday 27 June 2013

Book Review: Firewallers by Simon Packham

Thank you Readgig for my copy!
 
Can her life get any worse? Jess returns from a nightmare day at school to find her dad's suspended from work and gone into hiding. To escape the slobbering newshounds all eager for the full story, Mum drags Jess and her sister off to a remote Scottish Island. Modern technology's forbidden, and there's only a bunch of teenage uber geeks for company. Without Facebook or even her mobile, Jess feels totally disconnected from everybody back home. And why are they there anyway? What are they really running away from?
 
It was quite a good read. At first, I thought this book was going to contain a bit of supernatural because of the secrets and mystery but eventually, no supernatural beings appeared in the book.
This book was very great at setting the scene as I just felt weirded out throughout the whole time Jess was on the island like I was actually there.
 
I felt like the pace of the story was really fast and due to that, I didn’t get to know the characters as well. I basically didn’t particularly like anyone or absolutely hate anyone... maybe just felt sorry for them.
 
I would’ve liked if relationships in this book was further explored but overall, it was a fun book to read and the story is very unique.
 
Rating- 3/5
 

No comments:

Post a Comment